Petals (Tabs)

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Goal 85 - Take a painting class

Now, I am not a painter - the only painting I do is my boards and blocks for Pea Pod Decor Wall Art.  I am also a paper crafter (scrap booking, cards, other crafts, etc.).  So I thought to feed my soul, and branch out, I'd like to take a painting class.  I didn't know where to start or what outlook to explore until I saw a post from a friend about Brushes and a Bottle

So, out of curiosity, I went to this page and I was in awe of these paintings.  I did some research.  The owner, Rachel (she's ravishing), Ravishing Rachel, a local gal, hosts these events multiple times a month at local wineries.  She charges a minimum fee for these classes.  The best part is you get to pick the painting class you want to take.  She posts the painting a head of time so when you find the one you want, you better register asap because her classes literally sale out in minutes.

"I'm not a painter though." Well, hush your mouth and negative thoughts.  Guess what...no experience necessary. "You will receive step-by-step instructions during a 2-2 1/2 hour class focusing on one painting. At the end of the class you will have a wonderful custom work of art as a souvenir to remember your experience by. Class includes 16 x 20 canvas, paint, easel, apron, brushes and instruction." (taken from the website).  Yeah, you get all that for your ticket price.  

How do I decide what painting to do???  That was easy for me - I wanted to do her Dandelion class.  But guess what - I waited too long and BOTH classes sold out.  ARGH.  So I started to follow her FB page.  And what should my wondering eyes appear??  A class titled "Go Green and Blue." with a picture of my beloved Seahawks logo.   Say whaaaaaaaaaaa???  Those of you that know me, know that my hubs and I are passionate about the Seahawks.  We named our Son after them!  My mouth dropped and my eyes opened wide.  I think I even gasped!  What a great painting to make for my husbands man cave or my sons bedroom.  The best part, it would be painted by me!!! 

I phoned Jeff practically begging to borrow some of our bill money to take this class - as I was talking to him on the phone, I was justifying WHY I needed to take this class, what it meant, and why the urgency.  All he said was "check your email." Huh?...Ok...GASP!!!  There in my email sits a ticket to the "Go Green and Blue" class!!!  EEEEEEEK!!!  I love me my husband.

I am so excited to share these next pictures with you. I am no Picasso, I am far from van Gogh, but I am me, not to be confused with Monet and I am proud of my painting!!  I will be taking more classes, mark my words. Er, paint my words!! ;)

Ciao' Bellas and Bellos!







0 comments:

Post a Comment