Petals (Tabs)

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Goal #14 - 3 more 5k's

I want to be that girl who HAS to get a run in.  I want to love to run.  I don't want my day to function without a daily run.

My bestie Jenn had this cray-cray idea to run a 5k in May 2012. She asked if I would do it with her, I said sure why not.  So we began training.  I told my bestie Deb about this too and she jumped on board.  Let me tell you, I loved that 5k and I was sorta hooked on them.  I was bummed because the other 5k's I wanted to do in 2012 were all scheduled the same time I was either out of town, working, or other plans made.  BOOOO!

In 2013, I ran 3 more 5k's - I ran the amazing Color Run (coming back to the Tri-Cities by the way). Run or Dye - Tri-Cities, KGH Coffee Run, and the Jingle Bell Run with my Girls on the Run club.  There is something about the way you feel after you cross that finish line.  A sense of accomplishment.  Thinking you could never do it or make it but then you do!!   I don't know - I can't explain it.  Pride I guess.

Well, I didn't want to give it up.  So....2014 comes and I create this list of goals I want to do over the next 1,001 days.  I can tell you now, I WILL do MORE than 3 more 5K's.  My first one being the Richland Run Fest 5K.  In freezing cold February!  I don't care.  I am doing it.  I want the feeling in my guts again!  Richland Run Fest I hope you will join me so you can have that same feeling in your guts!

See you out there!!

MJ

0 comments:

Post a Comment