Petals (Tabs)

Monday, January 27, 2014

The Little Pink and Brown Dress

One day, while on a mission looking for a specific item at a second hand store, I came across this adorable pink and brown floral dress.  Now for those of you that know me, know that I simply adore the pink and brown combo! 

I took the dress off the rack and looked at it, knowing full well it was all to small for me.  I didn't care, I loved it nonetheless.  So...I did what any other crazy normal person did and purchased it.  I took it home, washed it, and hung it in my closet and there it stayed.

My husband and I built our dream home in 2013 and moved in July.  I stumbled upon this dress in a box marked "MaryJo's skinny clothes" - (this is a box where I put all the clothes that I love, Love, LOVE but no longer could fit into and I didn't have the heart to get rid of them just yet). What did I do with the dress in July then?  Yup, hung it back in my closet and there it hung until a very cold January 2014 day.

I saw in a flyer, a story of a lady who was also on a weight loss mission.  She had this pair of black pants that she adored but could no longer fit into as well.  What she did was hung them up in plain-Jane sight.  Each and every time she worked out, she put one dollar bill in a pocket of those pants.  This motivated her so much that once she could wear these pants again, she had an undisclosed amount of dollar bills that she could go spend.  It worked for her.  This idea inspired me to do the same with this dress!! 

While there aren't any pockets in this dress or straps, I did hang it up in plain-Jane sight in my bathroom (a room I am in multiple times a day).  This dress is going to hang there until I can wear it.  My goal is to wear this dress on a cruise my hubs and I want to take so bad!!  Scratch that, my goal is to just be able to wear it!!!  I love it that much!!

Oh and PS - since the beginning of January, I am down 4.6 pounds.  That is mostly from watching what I eat, increasing water, counting calories, and very low exercise.  (Since the weather turned bad earlier in the month - I haven't been running like I should be.  This changes now too).

Here is the dress - allow me to swoon -  sigh!

0 comments:

Post a Comment