Petals (Tabs)

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

It's been one week into 2014

Greetings followers and visitors - I thought I would check in and let you know how I have done the first week of January 2014.  As of today, January 8, 2014 I have started the following:

#6 I cannot believe I have ran one mile every day so far!! Well, 1/4 was a rest day BUT I did vigorous cleaning in the garage for 3 hours! Sunday the 5th, I hiked Badger with Deb which was 3.7 miles AND I roller skated that night for 5.2 miles. I have enjoyed this and almost have the NEED to go run!  I feel great and I beat my best almost every day.  So far....if I complete this goal, then I can cross off #27 (Do something that I never thought I'd do).

#13 Boo-yah baby!  I love roller skating - I consider myself a "rink rat" from my childhood - attending our local skating rink at least 3 times a week. 2 of those days was practically all day Saturday and all day Sunday.  I attended the adult only skating session on 1/5.  I turned on "map my run" and logged roller skating activity just to see how well and much I did.  I did 5.2 miles and burnt 1,092 calories.  I fell once during the "reverse" skate - which uses a whole other set of muscles and body control used!  I hurt my bum, wrist, and ego.  But I am aok! Next session is 2/2 and as of now, I am soooo there!

#19 Started my secret goal #1 on 1/2 as well...so far I have every plan and desire to stick with this.  It is difficult but so worth it!

#23 My bestie Deb and I hiked to the tip top of badger Mountain on 1/4. It was 3.7 miles. We burnt 1,011 calories and just enjoyed each other's company!

#24 WOW!!  What a difference a week has made - logging my food/beverage intake, keeping within my caloric intake and SEEING it on paper is crazy!  It makes me not want that can of pop or that chocolate bar.  I do not want to log 170 calories for a pop and I do not want to log 250 calories for my candy bar!  Here is what I love the best....I love seeing my caloric allowance go up after I have entered any type of exercise or activity.  It doesn't mean I have consumed all the extra calories, oh no! But what it does mean, is sure, I can go ahead and indulge a little bit.  I did work for it. Doesn't mean I have...but it is there!!

#25 Drink 24-32 oz of water a day...so this is easier than I thought.  Especially when I am sitting at a desk job all day.  Day 2 I doubled my 32 oz unknowingly. By 11:30 my first 32oz was gone and I hit a refill!  So far, so good....

#26 I had Jeff pick me up "some sort" of a woman's daily vitamin.  I read that taking a vitamin is important when you change your eating habits.  Although I have changed my habits for the better, and putting "good for me" things in my body, I still want to make sure my body is getting all it needs!!  I am not a pill taker - they make my tummy yucky.  But when I take my daily vitamin accordingly as directed, I have zero problems.  I ultimately feel good all around.  I am positive it has to do with my eating, exercising, attitude, and vitamin!

#38 Weekly photo of myself - while the first few weeks photos will be kept private, I cannot wait to post my future pictures.  My first picture was taken by Jeff 1/2 - they remain under lock and key!  But I plan to use these pictures as motivation, determination, and reminders. 

#58 Once a month date with Hailey!  We went and saw Frozen on 1/3 - I love ALL DISNEY ANYTHING!  This was her 2nd time seeing it, my first!  Oh Em Gee!  I loved, Loved, LOVED it!!  We had a great conversation.  Her love cup has been filled and she got mommy all to herself for a bit! 

#63 Money Challenge: OOOOH!! I am excited for this.  I started 2 of these.  One from my "allowance" account and one from our joint checking/savings account.  One of my friends suggested doing this backwards....meaning, putting $52.00 in this week, next week $51.00 so by the time the end of the year hits, that $1.00 you put in won't break the bank.  Just reminded me, I will share this idea with Jeff.
 
#64 - January 6, marks 40 days until Valentine's Day.  I started the Love Challenge for Jeff.  (He knows nothing about this challenge, as it is for me). He is a great man, husband, father, and provider.  Best part, he is all mine and my very best friend!! I want him to know in my words, actions, behaviors, and favors that he is so important to me and that I value him so very much!!  Here is the link to the Love Dare Challenge  The Love Dare (40 day love challenge) 

#94 I haven't wrote in a diary since I was in high school.  The only journaling I do is in our family scrap books.  Sometimes I have a tough time falling asleep and it is because my mind is STILL going.  So I decided to take some time a few nights a week and write.  Write about whatever is on my mind, perhaps I am struggling with telling someone something?  I have random journal cards that inspire me if I hit a brain block.  The point of the journal is to have my thoughts and ideas captured on paper so I can reflect back later or so my kids have something written about my life after I am gone. 

#97 Maintain my blog - well, here it is, January 8th and I have done a few blog posts.  I think I am getting the hang of things....

#100 No cell/texting while driving...I did not realize how bad I was at this.  It wasn't until I saw a few terrible videos and commercials from a result of texting/driving.  I thought no way am I going to make my husband a widow and my kids, motherless.  Worse, no way am I going to be the reason someone else looses a life or a loved one.  NO WAY!  I promise, it can wait!!  Now, I just need to figure out how to turn my phone to an "out of office/driving mode" status with an automatic reply to those that call me/text me while driving.  I have an iPhone - I am pretty sure that it's possible to do?   

0 comments:

Post a Comment